Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Hiroshima University Festival

I think I wanna share with you on this event first as I think it's very interesting...











We went to this 56th Hiroshima University's festival --- or I should say it's a celebration of their foundation of the university. See the crowd? and me? hehe

Few days before the festival you can see their preparation for the event. I think their decorations are rather weird -- maybe I can't understand what is their theme and what they are trying to bring out for this celebration.













They build a temporary stage, just behind Alvin's faculty. You can see how important this festival means to them. All of these are done by the students themselves. They have a whole day performance, last for 2 days. But I don't think the performances are real good ones. haha...









Instead there's another group singing at the other side of the festival, I think they sang much better. They didn't have a stage to perform at, no music instruments. They themselves are the musicians and the singers. I have to say they form a very good band.















Above are some of the food.. the fried food in cups, the banana dipped in chocolate, tang yuan... These are the food we didn't try. haha..
Now these are the food we tried: pork in popiah skin, I don't know the name of it; the ice-cream with oreo; tang yuan.




There are about 50 stalls there I think, but quite a number of them have the same menu for the items sold. We tried quite some of the food, which after that regretted as they weren't so nice and worth the price. Can you guess what I was eating? BBQ chicken... But out of the 5 sticks we bought, two of them are actually the chicken SKIN! Oh my God, where got people sell/eat the chicken skin??? It's rather oily and.. yiakks!
























I pity this guy in the costume.. It was a hot sunny day and he has to wear this and walks around to promote his stall.

It's nice to see the students cooking together to sell for their own stall. I have to say they almost did all they can to attract more people to buy their products. With the photos here you can see they can really sacrifice their own image to promote their stuffs. Everything they sell, they prepared them on the spot. Even though some of them seems to be putting themselves in a mess but I admire their spirits and motivations. and the main point is -- they really enjoyed themselves! Then I thought of our coffee morning back in SFX and HFK. Hmm...
















I find these people very funny in their costumes.. There's even Doremon! Haha... But I wonder why these guys have to make up and wear like a lady to attract customers? By the way, in the Japanese TV programmes, often i found the weird people in the entertainment programmes.. You find the guys like to make up and act like women, but seldom find the women act like men(there are, still). Well, I'm not so used to these.



























3 comments:

JiNG said...

wahh... nice nice.. got blog liao.. hahaha

Anonymous said...

Lol... the guys dressed up in girls costume are cosplayers... we have them in malaysia also =) and some dressed up as maids as there are maid cafe's over there i think... where the waitress all dressed in maid costume... anyway... wanna point something out... the pictures with the rectangular shape things shud be box kite.. am i rite?? haha

Janice said...

well, they are not waitress in cafe... they are uni students.. imagine alan wearing like that in coffee morning.. haha

that would attract many parishioners!